Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be supporting our local client who are keen in recruiting a nursery assistant to join their friendly team in Trowbridge.
As a nursery assistant you will be joining a small and friendly team in supervising and providing a caring and nurturing environment for nursery children, working Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day.
- Working in partnership with early years and childcare staff and trainees as part of a highly motivated and professional team.
- Contributing to staff meetings, attend staff development and keep up to date with current childcare issues.
- Provide first class childcare whilst remaining flexible and creative.
- Have the ability to promote good practice in a professional and inclusive manner.
- Fully involved in all activities associated with early years day care provision.
- To plan an appropriate range of activities in line with the early years foundation stage including organising and preparing all materials used for social training, psychical development and educational experiences e.g arts and crafts activities, sand and water play, cooking, musical activities, large and small apparatus and trips and forest.
- To work closely with parents to create and develop open and inclusive working partnerships which support the development of their children.
- To Undertake specialist tasks as determined by the childcare managers including the preparation of reports and observations and record keeping
- Level 2 or 3 in early years childcare or NVQ, NNEB early years foundation degree, first aid qualification.
- DBS or happy for a DBS to be carried out.
- Knowledge of all legislation relating to childcare, child care protection, and safe guarding.
- Experience of working with parents and carers from a range of cultural backgrounds.
- A working knowledge of emotional, physical and educational development of children, in order to provide an environment in which the child’s full potential can be developed, and in which parents and carers can be supported in their relationship for children.
- Be empathetic, supportive and non judgemental attitude towards children, parents, staff, carers and volunteers.
Experience of working with babies and toddlers aged 0-2 years would be desirable but not essential.
If you would like to find out more about this position then please get in touch for further details.
You must sign in to apply for this position.