We have been busy in the office today with the team completing their RRT training on preventing illegal working, keeping up to date and to ensure we are at the top of our game with compliance.
It ensures we are fully up together with the correct right to work checks and ensuring we know how to spot fraudulent documentation as well as ensuring we know what routes workers can take, understating the EU settlement scheme and work permits.
If you are unsure and want to have a chat with us about responsible recruitment and ensuring you are doing the right checks on your employees, please give us a call for a chat.
Official figures released in February show that the unemployment rate has remained at a near record low of 4.4%, with the employment rate at a near-record high of 75.2%. The figures also show that groups across society are accessing new job opportunities:
• Every region across the UK has seen employment increase since 2010
• Youth unemployment has fallen by over 40% since 2010
• There are a record-breaking number of workers aged 50 plus in work, reaching 10 million. The latest Labour Market Outlook report from the CIPD gives an overview of the current situation and predictions for how the market is likely to move forward. The data indicates:
• The number of vacancies remains well about historical average levels at 823,000
• Wage growth is projected to remain subdued in the year ahead at around the 2% level – despite signs that two thirds of employers have vacancies they are struggling to fill
• The rate of growth in the number of EU nationals continues to slow (although the net migration figure is still rising)
• Further labour market expansion is being constrained by a lack of supply. Those who employ EU nationals are more likely to invest in training and recruitment from a wider range of underrepresented or disadvantaged groups than those that don’t.
This appears to dispel the assumption that companies with high proportions of EU nationals are choosing not to recruit locally; the recruitment of EU nationals in many cases would appear to be a necessary strategy, rather than a choice.
We are pleased to announce we have released another competition just in time for Valentine’s day.
This time you have a chance to win some prosecco and some yummy chocolates for you to share with your loved ones or simply keep them all to yourself, the choice is yours.
All you need to so to enter is head over to the Direct Response Employment Services Facebook pages and tell us your cheesiest chat up lines.
A winner will be selected this Friday 12th of Feb, so be in it to win it.
We look forward to reading your comments.