Find your dream job right here
Honest, Open & Reliable
Recruitment Agency Working Across Wiltshire, Somerset & The UK
Job Alerts Now Active
We have a new JOB ALERTS feature which has just been added to our website.
This allows you to create an email alert on a weekly or monthly basis to notify you of any new jobs added which match your search criteria. To activate this, login to your account and click ‘Job Alerts’ on the right menu.
UK Wide Employment Agency Based In Wiltshire
Direct Response Employment Services is your local independent recruitment agency set in the centre of Trowbridge, Wiltshire. As a local employment agency we provide recruitment services to both the Commercial and Industrial & Transport sectors. We can successfully recruit across Wiltshire, Somerset and beyond supporting candidates and businesses across the UK.
Our Commercial Division specialises in all office support and HR roles, sales & marketing, accountancy & finance, skilled & technical and also Senior & Executive roles. Our Industrial Team are able to support your recruitment needs with semi & unskilled industrial roles, catering & hospitality and warehousing staff. Our Transport division are able to support with drivers etc.
We are able to provide temporary, temp to perm, contract and permanent staff for all sectors.
If you are a candidate looking for a permanent or temporary role or a business looking to recruit new talent and would like to see how we can support you, then speak to one of our friendly consultants today.
Having been recruiting since 1998, Direct Response Employment Services has become one of the top employment agencies in the local area as Di and her team strive in getting to know you personally, building relationships and working in partnership to find you the right job or the right candidate for your business.
Areas We Cover
We are one of the top employment agencies based in Trowbridge, Wiltshire but we also regularly have jobs and agency work available from across the whole of the UK for a range of different sectors. Some of the popular areas we regularly list jobs for includes but is not limited to Aberthaw, Cardiff, South Wales, Bristol, Kent, Essex, Barnstone, Mount Sorrell, Solihull, Banbury, Herefordshire, Southampton, Buxton, Dunbar, Scotland, Swindon and more.
If you are looking for a temporary or permanent role across the UK please register with us or contact our helpful team for more information, we have a wide range of jobs and roles which require employees urgently.
Employees Urgently Needed
We always have a wide range of jobs available across a number of industries, we have jobs permanent & temp jobs which require employees urgently. Our job categories include technical jobs, warehouse jobs, manufacturing jobs, industrial jobs, delivery driver jobs, HGV driver jobs, forklift driver jobs, office jobs, van driver jobs and much more. View all jobs here.
Latest Jobs / Agency Work
We are currently seeking an Cleaning Supervisor for our Trowbridge based Client.
As a Experienced Cleaning Supervisor your duties would involve
- Selection and supervision of housekeeping employees. Preparation and supervision of cleaning rotas.
- Planning, organising and checking the cleaning of the base facilities and preparation of the fleet for hire.
- Liaison with the reception and engineering team to ensure boats are ready for handovers at the agreed times.
- Organise and coordinate the domestic hand over of boats to hirers.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of all housekeeping staff.
- Responsible for providing information to HR/Payroll or the Base Administrator to enable the payment of casual cleaners.
- Ensure that requirements under Health & Safety and COSHH for housekeeping and housekeeping staff are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain records of inventory, requirements, stock levels, deliveries and carry out stocktaking as directed.
- Ensure agreed quality standards of cleaning are maintained for hire fleet, offices and other site facilities.
- Organise operation of laundry facilities or outsourced laundry.
- Carry out annual winter deep clean and other cleaning duties as required.
- Undertake any other duties, within the scope of the job, as directed by line manager.
- Management to maintain the efficient working of the business.
- Good supervisory skills.
- The ability to plan and organise and communicate.
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with customers and staff both on the telephone and face to face. Well organised and a good administrator able to maintain records legibly and accurately.
- Literate with the ability to communicate effectively in writing when required.
- Numerate with the ability to provide accurate information and keep accurate records.
- Prepared to work flexibly as part of a small team including weekend and public holiday working.
- The ability to work methodically, to deadlines, and often under pressure.
- Organised and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
37 hours over 5 days can include some weekends.
- Free Parking
If you are interested in the above position them please get in touch or email your cv to email@example.com
Production Operatives/ Packers
We are currently seeking Production Operatives/ Packers to join our clients team in Frome. These positions could become perm to the right candidate.
As a Production Operative/ Packer your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Operating in a fast paced food production environment
- Completing Quality Inspections to ensure quality aspects are always met
- Adhering to operational procedures and following individual client specifications
- Complying with Health and Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices at all times
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Have the ability and willingness to learn
- Keen eye for detail
- Manual dexterity
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Team Player
- Positive and Flexible work attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Adhere to Quality and Health & Safety polices.
- A good level of written and spoken English.
Must be able to rotate on a three pattern shift
06:00 to 14:00 14:00 to 22:00 & 22:00 to 06:00
Access to transport is essential due to client location,
- Free Parking
- Staff shop
We are seeking an Evening Catering Assistant for our client based near devizes.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, and Catering Assistants who are key members of the catering team, playing an important role in delivering an efficient and effective service to the school.
Your duties would involve food prep, serving, adhering to food and hygiene regulations maintain a clean and organised kitchen environment.
You will be required to work 17:00-20:00 Monday to Friday and 17:00-19:30 on Saturdays during term time and for 3 days either side of term.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £10.60 per hour
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Catering: 1 year (preferred)
- Must have access to transport due to location.
Part Time Administrator
Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be supporting our long established client in Westbury who are seeking a part time administrator to join the team on a temporary to permanent basis.
As an Administrator the role will be covering Monday and Fridays, working 9am – 4pm but could increase to working Tuesdays to cover additional workloads.
We are looking for someone who has a good level of administration experience, good IT skills with experience in Sage ideally but this is not essential. A good level of customer service is also needed as you will be answering incoming calls to the office, with a friendly and calm telephone manner.
- Processing customer services.
- Answering incoming calls.
- Responding to emails.
- Entering information on to various spreadsheets.
- Downloading hours from the clocking machine and inputting these into the system.
- Inputting and printing of invoices.
- Other administration duties as an when required.
We are also looking for someone who can assist working additional days / hours to cover holidays within the office.
If you would like to be considered then please get in touch with your CV.
Are you a friendly and organized individual with excellent communication skills? We have an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist to join one of our clients on a temporary bases based in Bradford-On-Avon
- Greet and welcome visitors in a professional and friendly manner
- Answer incoming calls and transfer them to the appropriate department
- Manage the reception area and ensure it is clean and presentable
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars for team members
- Able to perform time sensitive tasks
Hours: Monday and Tuesday working 08:00 to 16:00 /Wednesday and Thursday working 8:00 to 13:00
You will need to already have an enhanced DBS to be considered for this role.
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Client Account Manager
We are currently seeking a full time Client Account Manager for our client based in Corsham.
As a client account Manager, you will maintain a portfolio of clients, liaising on all aspects of the client needs. Ensuring the client journey is smooth and that all their requirements are met. This may involve discussions and referrals to other team member with specific skills, but you will be the initial point of contact for your client base. Reporting to the operations director and Managing director.
To manage a portfolio of clients and provide an excellent service to clients
- Maintain the administration of each client, including;
- Manage budgets and recoverability’s for your portfolio
- Review WIP and prepare a management status reports each month for your portfolio
- Ensure clients meet all deadlines for compliance work
- Ensure company secretarial requirements are up to date at all times
- Ensure clients are directed to the most relevant team member for work outside your capabilities
- Consistently and periodically ensure that your clients are getting all the support they need
- Build your client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of the client’s businesses
- Schedule your clients work in a timely manner in accordance with the work flow plan
- Facilitate the most appropriate member of the team to carry out all aspects of the work, including yourself and schedule appropriate reviewer if necessary
- Prepare management accounts
- Health check reviews of client records
- Review year end accounts prepared by others to ensure all compliance standards are met
- Review management accounts prepared by others and report on variances and improvements to clients
- Review VAT return work prepared by others and ensure compliance with HMRC
- Draft the tax computations ready for tax review or ensure the review is completed by an appropriate team member
- Prepare operational summaries for discussions in meetings
- Schedule and hold client meetings for year-end accounts work, or any other meetings necessary. Invite other team members to these meetings as necessary
- Prepare year end accounts, where required
- Prepare VAT return work, where required
- Other responsibilities;
- Meet /take calls from potentials and draft quotes, with the support of the administration function
- Provide advice to clients on an ad-hoc basis as queries arise
- Look for cross sell opportunities where you think this will improve the client relationship and have a positive impact on the client’s business
- Maintain and update internal systems when necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- Recent practice experience maintaining a portfolio of clients.
- Experience of FRS 105 and FRS 102 for SMEs
- Have completed or be working towards a higher-level industry qualification e.g., ACCA/ACA
- Be proficient in working with packages such as Xero and IRIS and Excel
- Experience in practice of at least 2 years post start of ACCA/ACA
- A competitive salary based on your existing experience and skill set.
- 22 days’ holiday per year, rising to 27 days after one year of service.
- A flexible approach to working:
- Core working hours 10am to 4pm
- Early finish on a Friday of 3pm
- WFH offerings
- A compassionate attitude towards the personal needs of our team members
- Support and guidance from the rest of the friendly team
- Regular CPD to keep yourself up to date with the latest HMRC development.
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor for our local client.
As a Production Operative this position is to supervise and to be an on the tools leader to enable the effective implementation of the firewood departments duties relating to firewood production; from raw material to final product, product presentation, deliveries, weighbridge operation, machinery operations and yard sales including till work all to the highest standards. This position is temporary for 3 months.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To supervise and maintain the day to day running of the yard, commercial production and retail of firewood within the Forestry Department reporting to the Head Forester, developing efficiencies where possible and new markets for products.
- To carry out manual and mechanical tasks associated with firewood production from wood splitting machinery through to point of sale, deliveries and packaging.
- Assist in the co-ordination of available timber / stock raw material against customer demand.
- Responsible for complying with all statutory and other legal requirements which apply to the Forestry Department, particularly including the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Ensure safe working and assisting in a cultural development of best practice understanding.
- To supervise and implement the efficient use of all plant machinery and equipment to ensure maximum output to the highest standards using safe systems of work.
- To maintain and ensure all work areas are kept in a neat and tidy manner.
- To be responsible for the security and accounting of all materials, plant, machinery, equipment, produce and monies handled in the course of employment.
- To provide at all times the highest standard of service to customers in a polite, courteous and helpful manner.
- To undertake such training and attend relevant courses as and when required to ensure skills and competencies are kept to the highest standard at all times.
- The accountability for the day to day management of the yard and to lead motivate and supervise the team members working within it and to provide the highest standards of onsite behaviour and production service.
- To occasionally provide driving support for the loading and storage of firewood products.
- To provide a Customer / Guest focused service at all times ensuring that all work / product is completed to the highest standards of the brand.
- Represent the Company at all times by being smart in appearance and presentable whilst behaving in an appropriate manner in line with our cultural values and behavioral framework.
- Be accountable for their own development seeking out opportunities to learn new skills to continuously improve.
- Work in a responsible and safe manner at all times adhering to Health & Safety, safe working practices and Company Policies and Procedures.
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
- Such other reasonable duties as and when required by your Line Manager.
- The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role, including general forestry and estate work.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A good understanding of commercial firewood production.
- Great communication skills and retail experience.
- A good foundation knowledge of machinery and manual handling.
- A broad range of practical work experience.
- A full understanding of health and safety.
- DVLA Driving Licence (Essential)
- Forklift truck operators certificate (Desirable)
- Telehandler certificate (Desirable)
- NPTC Chainsaw Certificate (Essential)
- First Aid Certificate (Essential)
- Forestry Machinery Operators Certificate (Desirable)
- COSHH training (Desirable)
- Experience of working in commercial firewood production environment.
- Supervisory experience leading a team.
- Wood working / firewood machinery experience.
- Consolidated agricultural / forestry machinery / forklift vehicle experience.
- Forestry Machinery Experience / trailer crane.
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Good communication skills;
- A team player, able to lead and develop a small team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Ability to carry out repetitive work.
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- MS Office skills and able to communicate well via email.
- An interest and understanding of the firewood industry;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to supervise a small team.
- Honesty and reliability;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines;
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues
Hours: 07:30 to 16:15
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a Warehouse Operative to join our clients team in Lacock Wiltshire.
As a Warehouse Operative, you will assist in the completion of all product being picked and dispatched and/or unloaded into the clients.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure correct procedures for picking and loading are followed, help with any picking and loading of orders when required.
- Count finished goods stock at the start or end of each shift
- To accurately complete load sheets and computer spreadsheets.
- Pick customer orders to highest standards.
- Load vehicles and complete documentation for completed loads.
- Be a multi-functional team member and support the Team Manager and peers on other lines.
- Ensure that high standards of GMP are adhered to at all times
- Ensure the company health and safety rules are adhered to.
- Follow lean thinking principles and make suggestions for improvement so better ways of doing jobs are identified and implemented.
- Have a shared responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of the BRC global Standard for Food.
- To carry out other duties ’site wide’ that may reasonably be requested to ensure the efficient running of the business
- Keep working area clean and tidy at all times so hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained
- Report none standard conditions immediately so they can be put right quickly to minimise waste.
- Basic IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to problem solve, providing solutions to issues that arise
- Ensure adherence to standards, particularly quality and cleaning standards
- Willing To Learn
- Team Player
- Excellent attitude and work ethic
- An enthusiasm for food and production of food
- The ability to learn and pass food based qualifications
Qualifications / Experience:
- Warehouse experience is essential for this role
- Previous knowledge of Manual Handling and Health and Safety within the Warehouse is essential for this role
- Previous experience using MHE (Pump Trucks, EPT) is essential for this role
Working Hours: 06.00am – 18.00pm, 4on/4offenefits:
- Casual dress
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Free or subsidised travel
- Free parking
- On-site gym
- Referral programme
- Shuttle service provided
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Warehouse: 1 year (required)
Ability to Commute: