The Weigh Room operator works on a shift basis following recipe batch sheets to ensure all stages of production is made to correct company specification and the production team are supplied accurately to meet production requirements. The operator will also be responsible for cleaning and maintain the processing areas to guarantee the product meets food safety requirements. Must have good communication and literacy skills and previous experience within food manufacturing. Must be able to follow a three shift pattern 06:00 to 14:00 / 14:00 to 22:00 and 22:00 to 06:00.
To follow recipe batch sheets to ensure all stages of production is made to correct company specification.
- To carry out the weighing and mixing of batches which includes the lifting of 25 kilo bags and containers whilst ensuring that the product is processed to customer’s specification and within quality standards.
- Weekly stock takes to ascertain stock levels, to monitor stock control, stock ordering and rotation.
- To ensure quality standards are maintained and improved upon by reducing wastage.
- To ensure the maintenance of good housekeeping and Health & Safety within the department and the site as a whole.
- To work as a team member, including showing flexibility, adaptability, and problem solving.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the production management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to follow recipes accurately.
- A good degree of manual strength and physical fitness.
- Ability to operate and understand a computerised control system.
- Ability to carry out quality tests whilst complying with Company procedures.
- Maintain accurate stock levels and complete documentation.
- Maintain accurate documentation in accordance with existing procedures.
- Comply with quality standards, whilst showing an ability to understand and recognise where improvements are required.
- Be aware of Food Hygiene and Safety legislation, Food Safety and Factory rules and comply at all time
- Understanding of pipe routing, incorporating valve settings, pasteuriser, homogeniser settings
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative and have excellent concentration skills.
This position is temp to perm and will lead to full time access to own transport is essential due to client location.