Our client, a well known manufacturing company based in Westbury are looking for an experienced Site Service Technician.
This position will involve installation and service activities as required to meet the needs of the internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Undertake installation and service activities as required by the demands of the business to ensure customer needs are satisfied in terms of quality and deadlines are fully met in terms of cost.
- Review of work progress against set targets and provide regular progress reports and information to the Site Services Manager, Supervisor or Project Manager as appropriate.
- Organise and check site file information, tools, PPE, safety equipment and fixings as necessary to ensure smooth working processes.
- Adhere to health and Safety standards/procedures as determined by the needs of the business, legislation and as required on client sites.
- Provide feedback on service and installation procedures to your supervisor and contribute to continuous improvement of working practice.
- Assist with the coaching of employees new to the task/process to ensure swift understanding and attainment of necessary skills.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a customer facing role and mechanical engineering/technical background. A qualification in electrical installation is advantageous. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, being a team player and being able to develop excellent working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels. Candidates must have a valid driving licence and a forklift licence would be advantageous. Good administration skills and IT knowledge. Candidates must have a CSCS card due to the nature of where you will be working.
This is a temp to perm position. Starting salary is £18,000 - £20,000 depending on experience. This position does involve working away from home on a regular basis (4 nights per week) with a generous overnight allowance.