We are currently recruiting for our client based on the outskirts of Frome Somerset for an experienced Production Operative.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working within the food manufacturing industry, have good communication skills both verbal and written and be computer literate along with excellent organisation skills.
Main responsibilities and tasks will include:
- To run the machine/part of the line that you are responsible for, to the best of your ability, completing all associated tasks
- To assist in all aspects of the process from materials supply , through to filling to the packing of finished product.
- To ensure the correct supply of packaging to the filling machines
- To take responsibility for the department on-line quality assurance
- To palletize finished product and transport safely to the cold store
- To ensure quality standards are maintained and improved upon by reducing wastage and rework levels.
- To ensure the maintenance of good housekeeping and Health & Safety within the department and the site as a whole.
- To ensure compliance with Food Hygiene and Safety rules and standards.
Initially, you will be required to work on a two shift pattern 06:00 to 14:00 and 14:00 to 22:00 rotating Monday to Friday. However, you must be prepared to also work on the night shift as the role will eventually turn into a three shift rotation.
Must have access to own transport due to location.