Direct Response Employment Services are pleased to be working with our long established and reputable client in Frome who are now seeking an NPD Technologist to join the team on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- Reporting to the innovation manager you will be responsible for supporting the development and optimisation of product ranges across the business.
- To manage end to end packaging development with the correct processes and legal checks to sign off.
- Development of product ranges pro-actively or in-line with customer briefs, taking into consideration cost range and provide relevant documentation in liaison with quality and marketing.
- Communicating with other departments in relation to new product releases, processes and ingredients and ensure it meets quality and legal requirements.
- Managing industrial trials and communicating results back including actions and improvements.
- Raising any concerns in relation to products not being produced within normal conditions and current equipment.
- Suggest improvements and notify on breakdown or malfunctions.
- Ensuring information is communicated to the production teams, including training of staff and updating / implementing working instructions and documents.
- Work along side the factory to resolve any queries.
- NPD experience within the food industry.
- Graduate level ideally within the food / science industry.
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbally.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise work.
- Someone who is a hard worker and passionate about food.
- Company pension 6% employer contribution (Salary exchange)
- Childcare vouchers (Salary exchange)
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank holidays
- Company sick pay – 3 months full contractual pay
- 4 x Death in Service
- Well being – Free eye tests and £90 towards glasses, Flu Jabs, Well being tests
- Long service recognition and rewards
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity we are recruiting for and have the desired skills and experience then please get in touch for consideration.