Direct Response Employment Services are looking for an experienced manufacturing manger to work for our client based in Melksham.
Within this challenging and varied role candidate responsibilities will include the following: –
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice production planning, strategy, policies and processes.
- Plan, determine and optimise utilisation of manufacturing resources.
- Provide leadership to our team of manufacturing managers, supervisors and team leaders, ensuring they are trained, motivated and supported to conduct their roles to the highest standard.
- Evaluate and improve manpower utilisation and support business development through the recruitment and development of employees.
- Liaise with the Operations Director to set manufacturing budget parameters, monitor associated spend and report against this.
- Gather, analyse and compare data to manage manufacturing KPI’s.
- Liaise with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance and reliability of supply chain.
- Liaise with other internal departments such as planning, transport and D&D to ensure new and existing models are introduced, manufactured and delivered on time and to standard.
- Work to improve quality standards and ensure all necessary health and safety requirements are being met.
- Create and encourage a culture of continual improvement.
- Encourage and lead cross functional teams to improve working practices. Attend all necessary cross functional meetings and support production teams to implement resulting actions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate who will meet the following key requirements: –
- Proven background in managing manufacturing and operations teams.
- Educated to HND/Degree Level in Production Management.
- Strong commercial acumen, attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of profit and loss reporting on labour and overhead costs.
- Proactive and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work on own initiative to achieve deadlines and targets.
- Flexible, innovative approach and a positive working style.
- Represent operational requirements at senior manager level.
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 systems.
- Previous knowledge of using ERP systems.
- Good working knowledge of lean manufacturing principle with a demonstrable track record of implementation.
- Working Monday to Friday
- Great Package