Direct Response Employment are seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to work for our client based in Westbury Wiltshire.
Coordinates and is responsible for the implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and legislative compliance.
- Appointed person for competent advice for the client.
- Coordinates and communicates Health and Safety matters generally. Sets a personal example for H & S by leading with high standards.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
Health & Safety:
- Coordinate Health and Safety management systems within the company.
- Support managers and employees by providing advice, guidance and support on current legislation to ensure the implementation of H & S policy & procedures and associated safe systems of work.
- Keep abreast of Health and Safety legislation and inform the relevant people.
- Work hand in hand with the management team to identify safety issues, develop,build effective relationships with managers and employees to support H&S compliance.
- Develop and undertake internal audits in conjunction with department managers.
- Contributes to H & S training needs by advising and assisting in the development of H & S training and by delivering training sessions (including H & S induction for new employees) in conjunction with managers and third parties as appropriate.
- Maintaining accident and incident reporting mechanism and support line managers to undertake effective accident investigation. On exception basis take the lead in significant or complex accident investigations.
- Compile and provide H& S statistics on accidents & incidents to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate and act as Chairman of the Company Health and Safety Committee.
- Organise H&S related training in accordance with statutory obligations and company policy.
- Responsible person for the building/premises.
- Raise awareness of Health and Safety systems and promote H&S within the business to encourage a pro-active approach towards management system controls.
- Personal training and development to ensure personal and business success.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
The exactness of this job description may vary from time to time due to changing operational requirements.
- Proven experience of working within an engineering/manufacturing organisation/operation.
- Breadth of knowledge and experience of H&S systems and good knowledge in problem solving techniques.
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification (NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum).
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues at all levels - internally and externally.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Close attention to detail with the ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Proactive and pragmatic in approach, with ability to make things happen.
- Flexible approach to work and lead by example.
- Role will involve occasional travel to client sites.
- Full time role
- 4 Days per week