Our fast-growing client based on the outskirts of Frome is looking for a Coldstore Operator with a valid forklift licence to work on contract basis until December this year.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all products / pallets are removed from the windtunnel on completion of cooling cycle and try to keep a good product flow.
- Ensure all pallets removed from the windtunnel are then wrapped correctly on the machine film wrapper and booked into stock using either the hand held barcode scanner or input manually into the AS400 system.
- Allocate pallets to loads as per the general procedure for when product can be dispatched.
- Line up loads ready and mark / label with load number then scan pallets to load when delivery time confirmed.
- Load incoming collection vehicles as soon as possible after arrival if vehicle arrives at specified time.
- Unload incoming deliveries (frozen fruit, fruit prep containers, chocolate curls etc), check against paperwork, sign off and return to driver once unloaded.
- Ensure incoming deliveries are moved to correct storage areas. (eg; frozen fruit to production freezer, fruit prep containers to correct line location in cold store)
- Provide breakcover for Operations Support on morning shift
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- To be motivated, reliable and organised with a ‘can do’ approach.
- To be numerate and computer literate.
- To be able to successfully work to strict procedures and under pressure.
- To be able to operate a forklift truck and rise-on truck.
This position does involve working on a three-shift pattern (06:00-14:00, 14:00-22:00 and 22:00-06:00).
If you would like to be considered for this role then please apply or contact us.