Direct Response Employment Services are looking for a cold store operative to work for our client you would be responsible for the operation of the coldstore function.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of all department equipment be numerate and literate be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and hold a valid counter balance licence and rise on truck.
This is on a rotating shift pattern with self covering for holiday and sickness within the department (Shift covered are 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm/10pm-6am)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure all products / pallets are removed from the wind tunnel on completion of cooling cycle and try to keep a good product flow to avoid build up at production end of wind tunnel.
- Ensure all pallets removed from the wind tunnel are then wrapped correctly on the machine film wrapper and booked into stock using either the hand held barcode scanner or input manually into the AS400 system.
- Allocate pallets to loads as per the general procedure for when product can be dispatched.
- Line up loads ready and mark / label with load number then scan pallets to load when delivery time confirmed.
- Load incoming collection vehicles as soon as possible after arrival if vehicle arrives at specified time.
- Unload incoming deliveries (frozen fruit, fruit prep containers, chocolate curls etc), check against paperwork, sign off and return to driver once unloaded.
- Ensure incoming deliveries are moved to correct storage areas. (eg; frozen fruit to production freezer, fruit prep containers to correct line location in cold store) Also make sure there is correct stock rotation, respect FIFO.
- Ensure all pallets are sent out with correct pallet labels and print out a copy of load information and load number for company records.
- Provide break cover for Operations Support on morning shift (when available to do so, depending on number of staff on shift and workload).
- To participate in regular weekly stock counting of fruit prep containers and monthly stocktake of ingredients and packaging stored in the area. (Also includes frozen fruit stocks)
- Communicate any problems with picking of stock and liase with planning / technical if product requires removing/ release from On Hold status.
- Report any problems with the AS400 system or if there are problems with pallet number recognition.
- Inform Manager and report to engineering if any problems with the wind tunnel or wrapping machines.
- Ensure Forklift Trucks and Ride on Trucks are looked after and kept charged to ensure maximum usage is available for the fleet within the area. Report any faults to Dept Manager.
- Ensure blast freezer is switched off when not in use and during operation ensure the temperature is correct, also carry out regular checks to ensure temperature remains at correct level. Report any problems to Dept Manager or Engineering.
- Assist with the transfer of allocated products for the staff shop to the designated area on Fridays when requested.
- On transfer of frozen fruit stocks to the freezer, please ensure that the stock rotation is being adhered to and also leave room in a tidy state.
Must have own transport due to location.