Direct Response Employment are working with an established healthcare business who actively recruiting for Support / Care workers on a temporary to permanent basis to join the team in providing an exceptional care service to users.
Our client really value their staff and work hard in putting staff first by offering a friendly and supportive working environment, training and further career progression opportunities.
- To provide exceptional care in accordance to best practices and legislative requirements, reflecting current policies and procedures and agreed standards under the direction of the senior care/deputy/registered manager.
- To support and enable Service Users to maintain skills and personal interests, whilst providing person centred care, unique to each individual at all times.
- To maintain and develop skills, by undertaking regular, in house training to enhance personal and professional development.
- Ensure service users are at the heart of the care and support we provide, at all times.
- To contribute to the consistent efficient operation of the service provided.
- Support Service Users to ensure they maintain their relationship and connections with the local community.
- Ensure Care Plans and other information about how to support our Service Users are adhered to at all times.
- Be responsible for informing the Senior Carer/Nurse of any changes in the needs of Service Users.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of Service Users.
- Attend statutory, in house training as directed by management.
- Develop effective working relationships with all staff members.
- If desired by the Service User, develop and maintain relationships with family, friends and important people in their lives.
- Work in cooperation with members of the multi-disciplinary teams to maximise opportunities for Service Users
- Knowledge of, and work within, the Fundamental Standards
- Understand the regulatory framework that governs the service, including the role of CQC and their requirements.
- Commit to achieving relevant qualifications commensurate with the role.
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures relevant to the role.
- A professional, can do attitude.
- Experience of a similar role within the care industry (beneficial but not essential)
- Impeccable time management skills
- Full UK Driving License - (with no more than 6 points)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet and work on own initiative
- Leadership skills (beneficial but not essential)
- Proficient written and verbal skills
Shifts will be 7am - 2pm and 4pm - 10pm however we can look at a permanent shift Rota.
Full PPE and uniform will be provided along with a company phone and mileage expenses paid for, once permanent you can also benefit form annual pay reviews, career progression and company discounts.
As above experience within this role is desirable but not essential, if you enjoy giving back to the community and love to give and care for individuals then we would love to hear from you.