Direct Response Employment Services are looking for an accounts assistant to join our client in Westbury on a 12 month contract.
As the Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for all the day to day running of the purchase and sales ledger. The ideal accounts assistant will thrive in a busy work environment and be comfortable working both individually and in a supportive team. It is a diverse role, where you will be exposed to different accounting functions. You will need to demonstrate a solid background in Bookkeeping, ideally have AAT Qualifications or be qualified by experience with a proven track record in a busy finance role working up to Management Accounts level.
You will have an excellent eye for detail and be experienced in reconciling accounts and possess the natural ability to face problems head on and to solve issues and queries promptly.
The key responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
• Processing all purchase invoices including reconciliation of supplier statements
• Assisting with month end closure, month end balancing of ledgers and PAYE, and preparation of monthly management accounts in accordance with agreed deadlines
• Assisting with Cashflow management
• Preparation of accurate quarterly VAT returns for authorisation by the Group Financial Controller
• Preparation of monthly payment runs for authorisation by the Group Financial Controller
• Reconciliations of company bank accounts and supplier remittances advices
• Investigating customer and supplier queries
• Credit control and monitoring aged listings
• Credit card and management expenses
• Credit checking of new and existing accounts
• AAT, ACCA or equivalent qualification, however the company will consider those that are part qualified or qualified by experience
• Understanding of how to compile management accounts
• Experience of preparation and processing of monthly salaries within Sage Payroll 50
Hours of Work
Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17:00 Friday 08:30 13:00
if you would like to work for a growing organisation and play a key role within the office then please get in touch today for immediate consideration.