Job Reference: DR0764
Bonus/Benefits: Free Parking
Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be supporting a fantastic client in Westbury in the recruitment of a Transport Planner on a temp to perm basis.
We are looking for an all-rounder who can take responsibility for the timely traffic planning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure that the customer receives a first-class service in a cost-effective way.
The ideal candidate will have excellent geographical knowledge of the UK working out the most cost-effective routes whilst working with factors such as fuel costs, tolls etc. You will be expected to plan up to ten vehicles daily.
- Knowledge of Drivers hours
- Performing Drivers licence checks
- Dealing with Drivers delivery notes
- Excellent Geographical knowledge of the UK
- Excellent Customer service skills
- IT literate and Excellent admin skills
- Booking and hiring of vehicles
- Liaising with hotel for drivers’ nights out
- Booking and scheduling MOT and services
- Tracking Vehicles
- Dealing with returns
- Remaining calm under pressure
- Being highly organised
- Good at problem solving
Applicants will also be required to assist in the warehouse when needed. This will involve movement of stock, gathering orders, manual handling of goods, assisting with deliveries and any other duties that are needed by the customer.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00 with flexibility.
If you would like more information please do not hesitate to get in touch.
You must sign in to apply for this position.