Direct Response Employment Services is your local employment agency based in the centre of Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be supporting a client of ours in Frome who are actively seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to join the team on a permanent basis.
As a Purchasing Coordinator you will be reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager and taking responsibility coordinating purchasing activities, along with taking the lead in securing locally based raw materials and services.
- Be the point of contact for suppliers and contractors whilst coordinating communication across the procurement team.
- Proactively seek alternative suppliers and find best prices, quality and supply terms.
- Manage all contract and evaluation reviews with suppliers and contractors in order to assess contract performance and maximise contract re-negotiation.
- Risk assess any single suppliers to minimise/mitigate risk of failure of supply.
- Create and manage the supplier contracts on the AS400.
- Maintain the component database through the Purchase Master File to provide accurate ongoing pricing information.
- Provide accurate and regular information to the Stock Manager on quantities contracted.
- Support the Stock Manager on resolving issues with quality of stock, supply issues or non-delivery of stock items after the supply chain team have exhausted their communications.
- Be the point of contact for queries relating to purchases and stock, namely, (i) invoice queries, (ii) cost controller queries and (iii) the valuation of de-listed stock (iv) non-conformances with the technical department and suppliers
- Attend NPD project meetings and ensure purchasing meets deadlines set out in the critical path in order to meet project launch deadlines.
- Take responsibility for and oversee custom declaration submissions to the HMRC
To be considered in this role you will have previous experience within purchasing and proven negotiation skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ideally you will also have experience working within a manufacturing setting and have good financial and business understanding with experience of transactional management desirable but not essential.
On offer is a salary of between £28-32k per annum, working 40 hours per week and additional benefits on offer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.