Direct Response Employment Services are pleased to be supporting our long established client in Frome in the recruitment of Process Operators to join the team on a permanent basis. These positions do involve working on a three shift pattern Monday to Friday.
- To follow recipe batch sheets to ensure all stages of production is made to correct company specification.
- To carry out the weighing and mixing of batches which includes the lifting of 25 kilo bags and containers whilst ensuring that the product is processed to customer’s specification and within quality standards.
- To run different Process equipment, using GSI.
- To carry out CIP’s by selecting the appropriate route and monitoring the cleans
- To ensure the correct products are supplied to the filling machined by way of computerised control system.
- To carry out quality testing to ensure that the product is in the specifications
- Monthly stock takes to ascertain stock levels, to monitor stock control, stock ordering and rotation.
- To complete correctly the paperwork in accordance with the standards
- To ensure quality standards are maintained and improved upon by reducing wastage.
- To ensure the maintenance of good housekeeping operate a clean as you go policy and Health & Safety within the department and the site as a whole.
- To ensure compliance with Food Hygiene and Food Safety rules and standards
- To work as a team member, including showing flexibility, adaptability, and problem solving.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the production management team, for example but not exhaustive separate raw milk and pasteurised skim and cream at required butterfat specification to meet demand. cover the container cleaning role, training team members.
- Demonstrate understanding of the plant in conjunction with problem solving.
- Inform Line Manager directly if there are issues requiring back up.
- Be able to proactively look for solutions and seek out help/advice swiftly to avoid issues.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Ability to follow recipes accurately.
- A good degree of manual strength and physical fitness.
- Ability to operate and understand a computerised control system.
- Ability to carry out quality tests whilst complying with Company procedures.
- Maintain accurate stock levels and complete documentation.
- Maintain accurate documentation in accordance with existing procedures.
- Comply with quality standards, whilst showing an ability to understand and recognize where improvements are required.
- Be aware of Food Hygiene and Safety legislation, Food Safety and Factory rules and comply at all times.
- Understanding of pipe routing, incorporating valve settings, pasteuriser, homogeniser settings.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative and have excellent concentration skills.
Fork-lift & PTT hand truck licenses are desirable, however in house training will be given.
- Good communicator — be able to communicate effectively with direct team members and all staff.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving, numerate and computer literate.
- Driven and determined to achieve results.
- Passionate about the success of Andros UK.
- To inspire and positively influence others.
- To be able to show vision and have ambition to make change happen.
- Organisational skills, ability to use own initiative and have excellent concentration skills.
Free Parking, Subsidised canteen, Staff Shop.
Access to own Transport is essential due to location.
You must sign in to apply for this position.