Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be supporting a local client of ours in Warminster who are seeking a part time materials and logistics planner to join the team on a part time, temporary basis.
As a Materials & Logistics planner the role will be part time of around 20 hours per week, they can be flexible with hours and will be on-going temporary to cover long term sickness.
To be considered for this role you will have previous experience within a similar role, ideally within purchasing / procurement and within logistics.
- Requesting quotes from suppliers prior to placing orders, comparing price, delivery and quality against supplier competitors.
- Manage suppliers including competitiveness such as price / quality.
- Cover stock allocations and issues.
- Link purchase orders to projects.
- Work with Operations to keep adequate forward order cover on all long
lead components – Use Time Phase register – MS Excel
- Keep WIP status up to date on the Project Workbooks – MS Excel
- Work with Operations to cover transportation / delivery.
We are looking for a candidate with similar industry experience with excellent IT skills, including excel and ideally using Sage but Sage is not essential.
Organisation is key and someone who has experience of accurately reporting on documentation would be well suited.
Hours, are flexible but around 20 hours per week with an hourly pay of £17 per hour.
Please note this is temporary role and ideally we are looking for a candidate who is available immediately or with a short notice period.
You must sign in to apply for this position.