Direct Response Employment Services are pleased to be supporting our long established client in Frome in the recruitment of a Lab technician to join the team on a permanent basis.
This role will be working weekends only where you will be rotating each week between a night and day shift, working 12 hours per night, working 24 hours per week.
Week 1: Friday and Saturday Night 10pm to 10am
Week 2: Saturday and Sunday days 10am – 10pm
Ideally you will have previously worked within a Lab environment or have studied with a scientific / food qualification, your main responsibilities will be to carry out chemical and microbiological tests against company standards and record and report on these results.
- To be able to carry out all tests within either a chemical or micro lab.
- To carry out environmental and plant hygiene swabs.
- To Ensure stock is rotated correctly and to notify when there is low stock that needs to be re-ordered.
- Collate all spec results, record, report and circulate to designated staff.
- Dispose of waste in a safe manner.
- Taste Panel of products.
- Respond to requests for product releases via phone and email.
This is a fab role for anyone who has previous lab experience or a science / food graduate looking to gain further experience within a laboratory.
On offer is a start salary of £17,000 which equates to £13.62 per hour with an increase after successfully passing probation. Along with this is excellent company benefits such as increased pension contributions, company sick pay, death in service, free eye test and glass contribution and staff rewards for service.
Holiday is 10 days per year plus bank holidays.
You must sign in to apply for this position.