Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be supporting our long established client who are now seeking a senior manager based within the Solihull office to cover maternity leave of between 10-12 months.
The main purpose of this role is to support the business in achieving its corporate strategic goals, preserving there operational license to provide the best external communication and stakeholder engagement.
You will be responsible for managing external affairs and lead external communication team , ensuring to enhance and protect the companies brand and reputation. You will report directly to the head of communications and corporate affairs and will have autonomy for senior stake holder management with influencing and support.
You will have previous experience managing external affairs, where you will require excellent stake holder management skills and be pro-active in working with business leaders to define engagement requirements, sequence activity and create communications materials to use across a range of channels and formats, either themselves or via external agencies.
- Management of the external affairs team (2 direct reports plus a wider team and corporate agency) including to support and develop this team.
- Manage stake holder relations – including trade associations, national and local group, liaison groups, local authorities and MPs.
- Manage external reputation issues.
- Media Engagement – Proactive and reactive, overseeing trade media programmes and wider PR aligned to external affair strategies.
- Driving forward digital and social activity and an integrated.
- Leading PR and external positioning.
- Management of external communication budget.
Key Skills and Knowledge required:
- Previous experience working at a senior level within external affairs.
- Communication – Knowledge of comms principle and practices.
- Ideally experience within contraction or construction materials or related industries would be desirable.
- External affairs knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal skills along with strong presentation skills.
- Professionalism and confidence and be able to represent the business at a senior level.
- A good influencer and strategic thinker.
This is an excellent opportunity with someone of senior level to join a fantastic national business where you will have autonomy to get stuck in.
The pay rate for this role is a daily rate of £218.26 per day paid weekly via PAYE.
If you would like to find out more about this role or have a confidential chat then please get in touch ASAP for immediate consideration.
You must sign in to apply for this position.