Direct Response Employment Services is your local employment agency set in the centre of Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Our client, the world’s largest independent renewable energy company operating across 11 countries is looking to recruit several qualified (and newly qualified) electricians with solar/battery storage experience and solar technicians to join their expanding team.
As an Electrical Technician, you will be based on site, performing operation and maintenance tasks on utility-scale solar plants with outputs of 5MW and above (25 acres and above). The purpose is to ensure the solar plants achieve outstanding levels of safety, quality and performance at a cost that meets operational budget, as part of an industry-leading team of renewable energy specialists.
Applicants must be fully qualified with all relevant certificates and have experience operating and maintaining MW Scale solar plants and DC/HV Experience.
You must have a full driving licence (preferably clean) as you will be required to work at various sites within a certain radius of your location.
A full training programme is provided and technicians that want career progression will be encouraged to broaden their experience to advanced levels such as an industry HV Authorised Person or Senior Authorised Person.
- Observing H&S requirements and maintain these across all sites
- Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status following training
- Undertake planned inspections and maintenance according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements
- Inspection, testing and maintenance of PV modules, DC strings and inverters
- Undertake AC and DC testing, trouble shooting and fault finding
- Perform reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution
- Repair sensors and communication equipment
- Configure computer-based devices and components
- Keep accurate data and records
- Keep in contact with the main office
- Occasionally work away from home for training courses or to cover other sites for up to one week at a time
- Induct/manage sub-contractors, ensure their safe working, and undertake quality checks on their work.
You should have a good understanding and knowledge of central inverters, principles of high voltage operations, experience with AC, DC and communications networks and experience with solar PV technology.
You must have a good understanding and experience with;
- DC Installation
- DC Fault finding testing and commissioning
- LV installation
- LV fault finding, testing and commissioning
- Experience working remotely
- Inspection and testing qualifications (City & Guild 2391 or 2394/5)
- First aid qualification
- H&S qualifications (e.g IOSH, SSSTS, CSCS)
- Advanced electrical qualifications
- High Voltage qualifications
These positions are full time and permanent for the right applicants. You will be working Monday to Friday full time hours with occasional weekend work on a rota basis, so flexibility is key.
In return the client can offer, company vehicle, phone, tablet/laptop, full PPE and equipment, overtime, pension scheme (Very generous) paternity/maternity pay, private health insurance, 25 days holiday, flexible working and more.
Salary starts between £30,000 – £40,000 DOE.
If you think you have the right qualifications and experience to join my client’s team, please get in touch with us today.