Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be supporting our national client in the recruitment of a Capacity Planner to join the team on a contract basis for 6 months.
Purpose of the job:
To optimise all program works maximising both volume and best economic source principals whilst reacting in a timely fashion to any internal or external unplanned events. Support fleet and transport planners to ensure high levels of vehicle utilisation and low levels of haulier queries. Ensure that all internal and external customers receive high levels of service and communication expected from the office and regional based distribution staff.
As the capacity planner will be expected to communicate all production and planning decisions taken effectively to cross functional piers and unit Management to make sure that ( no surprises) occur. You will also responsible to achieve optimum balance cost of supply and service in their planning decisions.
Key Tasks and responsibilities:
- Cost effective distribution of the clients products to external and internal customers
- Customer satisfaction
- Assist fleet planners to create programs to enhance utilisation and efficiencies of internal and external fleet.
- Build and maintain detailed forward programs
- Support the delivery of regional logistics strategy
- Identify and build affective links to influence and support cross border supplies.
- Ensure details of capacity and forward program and plan are communicated effectively to all stakeholders.
- React quickly and efficiently to any unplanned events and affect adherence to program.
- Actively seek invites to customer liaison meeting with key account or during major projects.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Literate
- Good organisation skills
- IT and communication systems
- Planning and organising
- Analytical skills
- Distribution processes
- Cost effective service provision
- Understanding of transport & Planning
- Company structure reporting
- Product/ Technical knowledge
- Production (aggregates & Asphalt)
- Customers internal & External.
Working hours 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday.
You must sign in to apply for this position.