Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be working with an exceptional company who are recruiting for a Buyer to join their team.
Our client is looking for a buyer that has previous experience within engineering or manufacturing background along You will have commercial acumen and proven negotiation and contract management ability. ideally with a CIPS qualification. You will have strong organisation skills, with experience of driving through improvements and making things happen.
- Negotiates and manages the execution of supplier contracts, ensuring adherence to agreed service levels, prices and payment terms.
- Establish and maintain long term relationships with suppliers and regularly review their performance on a quarterly basis to ensure best value in terms of price competitiveness, quality and supply reliability.
- Proactively provide a backup / alternative supply for critical suppliers.
- Manage and update the supplier database system
- Collation of Supplier Certifications on the Purchasing Drive.
- Updating of Monthly Cost Revisions on Sage.
- Conduct Supplier Visits and complete Visit reports on completion.
- Proactively monitor and analyse trends in spend with suppliers and inventory control, and make recommendations to the business as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with Quality and H & S processes.
- Raise non-conformance reports when required on non QC parts.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to external and internal customers to develop positive working relationships.
- Must be IT literate and proficient with sage
- Confident and fluid interpersonal , Written & Verbal
- Team Player
This is an excellent opportunity to join an extraordinary business who are growing and financially stable with career prospects.
If this sounds like the role for you then please get in touch today!
You must sign in to apply for this position.